Wednesday, December 14, 2016

Leaving Facebook

I have left Facebook. There are many reasons for me leaving, but the biggest is time. I feel like there is never enough time in the day. Bear making is not my only business, my husband and I have another business selling license plates. We sell to collectors, to businesses, decorators, and crafts people, and that is the business that pays the bills. I am the shipping and photographing department of Platedog, and that takes most of my day.
I have been gone from FB for a couple of weeks now, and I don’t miss it. I spend most of my workday on the computer, and it was just to easy to go visit just for a few minutes to break up the photo editing monotony. By the time I visited the groups, and made comments, those few minutes often ended up being more like a half and hour.
I will be happier just keeping photos and updates here on the blog. It will give me more time with the bears and the other creative endeavors I wish to pursue.
I will continue with Flickr, and Instagram. I enjoy looking at the inspiration on these sites without feeling the need to comment.

4 comments:

  1. I admire your ability to step away from fb, Joanne. I am afraid I am such an addict that it would be very difficult for me to quit. Maybe one day ... Hugs xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is getting easier everyday, especially when I see how much I get done.

      Delete
  2. Missed hearing you,but i also agree with you.
    May your wishes come true.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit. Your comments are always welcome.